Saturday, June 11, 2011

Artist Introduction

Hi my name is Danielle aka "Shinsa" of Dangoku   Welcome to my Blog.                                        

I am a crochet artist/designer of all things cute. I love many different mediums, but a yarn and hook are my favorite things to work with.
When I was ten I was taught how to crochet blankets by my Mother. Before I even made a doll sized one I gave up because I thought that it was boring. Ten years later it was cool to make scarves, so I picked up the hook again and made a dozen or so scarves but, hey row after row of pretty much the same thing was boring so again it was put back on a shelve. About a year and a half ago, not sure why, I decided to pick it up again but I didn't want to do blankets or scarves I wanted to be able to make anything so I needed to learn how to read patterns. It took me a bit but now there are no patterns I cannot read, but I don't really use patterns any more. Instead I make my own patterns and design my own dolls, bears, and crocheted art hugely based on Pop Culture icons. I also have been diving deep into my love for Studio Ghibli and have been making some pretty cool art dolls based on characters for their movies. Not going to lie but I love them.  So hopefully everyone will enjoy my, not so organized, some times messy, or not kept up to date as well as it should be blog. Feel free to email me with any questions concerning my dolls, I also do commission work if anyone is interested. 
I also dabble in my love for Japan, anime and Lolita's which also can be seen in many of my finished projects.
My work not only can be found at my etsy shop, but if you are in the area of Milwaukee Wi there is an awesome shop in the historic ward downtown that carry some of my Studio Ghibli Art Dolls. It is a great artist shop and gallery. Everyone should check it out if they are ever in the area.
Here are some other artists that I admire and are inspired by...
Camilla D'Errico   you can check her things here   http://www.camilladerrico.com/blog/

Twinkie Chan you can check her things out here  http://www.twinkiechan.com/blog/

Chubby Bunny  you can find her things here    http://iamchubbybunny.wordpress.com/
Huge fan of all things Sanrio and Tokidoki    

No comments:

Post a Comment