Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Creations of 2011

I tried really hard to take time for making some things that I had on my "I would love to make this some time" list. I had a big thing for wreaths so I ended up making a lot of them.
This is a stained coffee filter wreath I made for our bedroom. It was super easy and I love the way it ended up looking. I got the wreath base from the dollar store,  used two packs of filters and I got the ribbon and lace on clearence at Jo Ann Fabrics. So it maybe cost a total of 10 bucks. So pretty satisfied with that.
When I saw the pattern for this on the Lion Brand website I just had to make it for Halloween. I definitely had all the stuff I needed for this lovely laying around the house.
I made these wreathes for a contest through Ruche. I love Ruche and during the month of November they had a fun contest along with there fun Holiday DIY Lookbook. (I loved every last thing in that look book and only wish I had enough time to make every last idea in it.) Unfortunately I didn't win but you can see this picture on their blog here http://shopruche.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

I also did up some custom ornaments for my trio of Kitties. I have not been happy with the cat ornaments you can buy at the store, and since everyone in my family needs to get a Christmas ornament I had to take matters into my own hands.
So here is Mana
Kyo and...
Haru

So these are a few of the things that I was lucky enough to get done this past year. I am looking forward to all the fun new things that I can make in 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment